A unique opportunity to purchase the two properties of Kirkgate and Blackhamar on the rural island of Rousay with land extending to approximately 40 acres. Rousay is one of Orkney’s inner isles and is connected to Orkney Mainland by a regular roll on – roll off ferry service.
The property of Kirkgate and its associated land, extending to approximately 28 acres, is crofted with accommodation comprising sitting room, study, bedroom, kitchen and separate detached building housing the bathroom. Externally there is a timber studio and greenhouse.
Blackhamar accommodation comprises sitting room, bedroom, kitchen and separate detached building housing the bathroom. Externally there is a large workshop, a number of sheds, boating pond between the two properties and land extending to approximately 12 acres.
Both properties are in need of modernisation with:-
- Single glazed timber windows
- Combination of solid fuel and electric storage heating
- Bathrooms to both properties with bath, wash hand basin & W.C
- Boating pond, timber studio & workshop
- 2 hosted wind turbines providing free electricity