Established and Unique Timber Building and Garden Nursery Business with Owner’s Accommodation
• Growing business established in 2007
• Highly profitable business and owner’s family home set in a stunning rural location
• Large secure workshop with concrete yard and timber store
• Extensive nursery including greenhouse, planting areas, growing polytunnels and display areas
• Modern 4-bedroom owner’s accommodation / family home with stunning views over the Pentland Firth
Beedies in South Ronaldsay, Orkney was established in 2007 and has become a well-known and reputable brand in the production of the highest quality and bespoke timber buildings, garden sheds, summerhouses, and the like on the local market. This unique business also boasts the production of hardy bedding plants, supplying consumers and businesses all over Orkney throughout the summer months with both old-fashioned garden favourites to modern and hybrid colourful flowers & plants. During spring and summer months, the business also has a grass-cutting and garden maintenance offering.
Based on the southern-most connected island of Orkney, South Ronaldsay, Beedies is located on the main A961 road approximately 25 minutes form Kirkwall and 5 minutes from St. Margaret’s Hope.
The timber buildings part of the business benefits from a steady supply of year-round trade, with the nursery being seasonal - all contributing to a generous turnover. This unique and ever-growing business would ideally suit a growing family requiring a lifestyle change and the chance to be their own boss. A hand-over period can be agreed and carried out with the current owners if required, to ensure the new owners become comfortable with the business and idyllic lifestyle it offers.
The business is to be sold as a going concern. A full order book will also be included in the sale.
The business owners will provide a full inventory of materials, equipment, machinery and stock to be included in the sale.
Included with the sale is the property of Gricegarth providing on-site owners accommodation. Gricegarth comprises of an entrance hallway, porch, utility room, large open plan kitchen / diner, sitting room, shower room, bathroom, 4 bedrooms of which 1 is en-suite & attic room.
Gricegarth is a well presented 4 bedroom traditional Orkney cottage which has been extended over the years with:-
- UPVC double glazed windows
- Solid fuel boiler to central heating system
- Kitchen with modern built in units, built in dish washer, built in fridge / freezer, Stoves oven with gas hob & stainless steel sink with drainer
- Utility room with modern built in units & stainless steel sink with drainer
- Shower room with shower cubicle, wash hand basin & W.C
- Bathroom with bath, wash hand basin & W.C
- Bedroom 1 en-suite with walk in shower, wash hand basin & W.C
- Built in wardrobes to bedrooms
- Surrounding garden areas with rear decking area
- Front gravelled parking area
The property would make an ideal family home and is finished to a high standard throughout.
There are excellent views from the property over the surrounding countryside & over the Pentland Firth.