The property is situated in Birsay Village right next to the 16th century Earls Palace and within walking distance to the Brough of Birsay. The village has a well stocked shop & the popular Birsay Bay Tearooms. Birsay village is approximately 13 miles from Stromness & 20 miles from Kirkwall.
Accommodation comprises of entrance vestibule, hallway, sun porch, kitchen, dining room, sitting room, bathroom & 2 bedrooms.
Palace Cottage is a well presented traditional single storey property that has been tastefully modernised with:-
- UPVC double glazed windows & external doors
- Air to air heating with supplementary electric storage & panel heating
- Open fireplace to sitting room
- Kitchen with modern built in units, electric oven, electric hob & stainless steel sink with drainer
- Bathroom – whirlpool bath with shower over, wash hand basin, W.C & heated towel rail
- Tongue & groove boarding to a number of walls & ceilings
- Detached garage / workshop – 7.2m x 4.6m
- Private driveway & parking
- Front garden with large rear garden enjoying fantastic views over Earls Palace
Viewing is highly recommended to appreciate the full character & idyllic location of the property. The property has been previously run as a successful self-catering holiday business.