The property is situated in a predominantly residential area within walking distance of Stromness Town Centre. Local amenities include a doctors surgery, dentist, bank, Co-op, Stromness Primary School, Stromness Academy along with a range of other services. Northlink Ferries have daily sailings from Stromness to Scrabster with Orkney's capital city, Kirkwall, being located approximately 15 miles away.
Redroof is an iconic feature on the Stromness landscape and offers a unique opportunity to purchase a fantastic family home which dates back to the early 1900's. The property has been sympathetically renovated over the years whilst retaining all its charm and character.
The property is well presented throughout and has 4 ensuite bedrooms, large sitting room with dining area, second sitting room, kitchen & further bedroom / study. Externally there is a large surrounding garden, patio area, detached garage and stables / store. There are stunning sea views from the property overlooking Stromness harbour that can be enjoyed from the garden, patio area and a number of rooms.
There is a building plot available to the front of the property by separate negotiation - further information is available on request.
- Substantial family home full of character
- Well presented throughout
- 4 ensuite bedrooms, with additional bedroom / study
- Double glazed timber windows with UPVC to conservatory
- Oil fired central heating
- Detached garage & stables / store
- Large surrounding mature gardens & off road parking
- Stunning sea views over Stromness harbour