The property is situated six miles west of Thurso in open countryside, above the valley of the River Forss, with the property enjoying an uninterrupted south western outlook. Immediately to the West is the Baillie Wind Farm and the property, while situated in an remote location, is just over 5 miles to the Dounreay facility.
Accommodation comprises of 2 porches, hallway, kitchen, sitting room, front room, dining room, utility / shower room & conservatory to ground floor with landing, bathroom, 3 bedrooms & box room / study to first floor.
Stempster House is a late 19th century 3 / 4 bedroom detached house providing spacious family accommodation with:-
- A range of original features including fireplaces & cornicing complemented by tasteful renovation in keeping with the property
- Oil fired boiler to underfloor / radiator central heating system
- Open fire to sitting room & gas fired stove to front room
- Country style kitchen – built in units, flagstone floor & Rangemaster stove
- Bathroom – original cast iron bath, wash hand basin & W.C
- Shower / utility room – large shower cubicle, wash hand basin, W.C & plumbing for washing machine
- Conservatory with electric underfloor heating
- Large garage with electric vehicle door & includes an insulated room previously used as a studio / music room
- Fully enclosed garden with several outbuildings, large rear paddock and smaller front paddock
- Total site area extending to approximately 1.48 acres
VIRTUAL VIEWING - CLICK HERE