The property is situated in the rural parish of Birsay approximately 14 miles from Stromness and 20 miles from Kirkwall, both providing a range of local services & amenities.
Accommodation comprises of entrance porch, hallway, kitchen, sitting room, bathroom, utility room & W.C to ground floor with landing & 3 bedrooms to first floor.
Upper Garthsetter is a traditional 2 storey stone property with:-
- Open fireplaces to sitting room & bedroom 3
- Combination of UPVC double glazed & single glazed timber windows
- Mature walled garden to front of property
- Attached outbuilding approximately 3.5m x 2.1m
- Detached outbuilding 1 approximately 12.8m x 4.4m
- Detached outbuilding 2 approximately 7.4m x 3.7m
- Ruinous building to rear of property which would be suitable for redevelopment, subject to Local Authority Consent
- Land extending to approximately 21 acres with agricultural style post & wire fencing or stone wall boundaries
- Excellent views over the surrounding countryside & coastline
The property is not currently habitable and has been classed as below the tolerable standard by Orkney Islands Council. Upper Garthsetter offers great potential for redevelopment subject to obtaining the necessary Local Authority Consents.
Additional land extending to approximately 14 acres is available nearby by separate negotiation.