Woodwick Mill dates back to the 1800s and has been converted to an exceptionally high standard of self-catering holiday accommodation in a beautiful burnside setting. The current owners purchased the derelict Mill in 2005 and spent 5 years renovating the property along with the Dam which was repaired to supply renewable hydro energy to the site. The current Feed in Tariff is included in the sale which expires in 2035. There is approval to connect a hydro-electric generator with a 11kW capacity to the grid.
In 2011, the Orkney Heritage Society awarded the Laura Grimmond highly commended award to Woodwick Mill with the property also receiving a gold Green Tourism award.
The property is located in an idyllic rural location in the West Mainland of Orkney approximately 14 miles from Kirkwall and 15 miles from Stromness. The nearest village of Evie has a primary school and well stocked convenience store with post office. Also nearby is the Broch of Gurness which is a popular tourist attraction. There are superb views over the surrounding countryside and neighbouring islands of Rousay, Wyre & Gairsay.
The Mill and Cottage are currently operating as a self-catering holiday business, with a 4 star Scottish Tourist Board rating, which are to be sold as a going concern. The self-contained units are well equipped and finished to an excellent standard.
The Mill is insulated to a high standard & heated by a hydro-electric turbine and heat pump, with solar panels providing hot water. Each self-contained unit within the Mill has a spa bath, fridge, freezer, cooker, microwave & fibre broadband.
- Woodwick Mill & Cottage offers a unique lifestyle business opportunity.
- Unique self-catering business opportunity
- 4 self-contained units within the Mill
- Former Mill converted to an exceptional standard
- Additional detached self-contained cottage
- Finished to a high standard throughout
- Peaceful, rural location with sea views
- Large well maintained garden with Woodwick burn running alongside and Mill pond to rear
- To be sold as a going concern